The Cheshire Public Schools facilities range in age from 50 to 109 years old. In addition to providing education services, these facilities also serve as social and recreational hubs for our community. The School Modernization Committee (SMC) was established to consider available options to upgrade the school facilities. They considered new construction, renovation of existing facilities, closing and repurposing facilities, and other creative, viable proposals. The SMC ultimately developed recommendations for modernizing our schools that will address the educational needs of CPS students in the 21st century while considering the fiscal impact on the residents of Cheshire.
Town of Cheshire School Modernization Committee Website
“The School Modernization Committee was established as a collaborative effort by the Town Council and the Board of Education to develop a School Modernization Plan for the Cheshire Public Schools facilities.”
On January 20, 2022, the Cheshire Board of Education voted in favor of recommending the CPS Next Generation Phase 1 Plan to the Town Council for approval! Check back for updates!
- Presentation to Town Council 4/22/2022
- Educational Specifications: New Norton Elementary | New North End Elementary
- CPS Next Generation Phase I Project Schedule – January 20, 2022
- School Modernization Committee Final Report – April 1, 2021
- Presentation by Dr. Jeffrey Solan, Superintendent of Schools – Oct. 13, 2021
- Overview of School Modernization Committee Preferred Plan – Feb. 25, 2021
- History – 2017 Facility Master Plan Information – 2014 – 2017