A safe and welcoming school environment is critical to success for our students. As such, the Cheshire Public Schools works to educate our students and community in providing a positive school climate. Nevertheless, there are times when issues arise and it is important that those items are addressed in a timely fashion. This link outlines methods for reporting concerns. In addition, individuals can report urgent concerns about threats to self or others, bullying, or other significant behaviors through SpeakUp.
This committee will monitor and review mental health and behavioral (actions and consequences) programs and data. The committee will then make recommendations for programs, resources, and/or policies to better support a positive school climate.
CPS PPS Director, A parent from each school, The Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent of Schools, Teachers and administrators representative of each level.
District Safe School Climate Committee Members
- Jeff Solan, Superintendent
- Marlene Silano, Assistant Superintendent
- Dan Tartarelli, Assistant Principal – CHS
- John Perosino, Assistant Principal – Dodd
- Scott Jeffrey, Principal – Highland
- Cindy Attanasio, Teacher – Chapman
- Janet Parlato, Parent – CHS & Chapman
- Bob Davis, Parent – CHS & Dodd
- Amy Miller, Parent – Chapman
- Taryn DiSorbo, Parent – Doolittle
- Nick Nicholson, Parent – Highland
- Jeannine Heavens, Parent – Norton & Dodd
Cheshire Public Schools Safe School Climate PlanDownload Plan
The Cheshire Public Schools Safe School Climate Plan provides information related to the policy created by our Board of Education to support a positive school environment for every student in Cheshire. In addition, our plan includes specific action plan steps by each school that were developed to enhance our efforts to foster a safe and nurturing climate in our schools.Parent and Student Surveys
*Redactions have been made to personally identifiable information or profanity.