2013 Annual Identification of Students without Health Insurance
Husky Health Form
The Norton School Health Office is open daily and Nurse Garner can be contacted by clicking on the link above or by calling 203-272-7283.
ILLNESS REMINDERS FROM YOUR SCHOOL NURSE
(1) PLEASE keep your child home from school if there is a temperature of 100 degrees or more, if your child vomited in the morning before school, during the night, or the prior evening, or if he or she just seems ill to you.
(2) Your child needs to remain at home for a FULL 24 HOURS after the FIRST dose of antibiotic to treat infection.
(3) Please keep your child home if he or she has a severely runny nose and /or a hacking cough. Allow time for them to convalesce at home and return to school when symptoms are diminished.
(4) If you suspect your child might be harboring an infection/illness, PLEASE do not send him or her to school and then pull your child out to go to the doctor. Please keep your son or daughter AT HOME UNTIL AFTER THE DOCTOR IS SEEN, in order to reduce the risk of an outbreak.
(5) Remember to encourage your child to wash hands regularly, with warm water and scrubbing up with soap for at least 10 seconds, as this is the best way to limit the spread of viruses. If water and soap are not available, use hand disinfectant.
(6) Following these guidelines can avoid a school-wide epidemic. Let’s do all we can to avoid a health event that could lead to an index of concern with an absentee rate of 20% or more. Thank you