- Common Parent Concerns: This helpful website offers useful information on every topic about which parents have questions , including: attention and learning, building confidence and self-esteem, bullying, discipline and behavior, shyness, siblings, anxiety, and stress management: https://childmind.org/topics/concerns/
- How to Raise a Successful Child
- What Every Parent Needs to Know About 'Gaming Disorder'
- Child Development From Ages 5-14 - An overview of the various milestones at each age can be found here: https://www.responsiveclassroom.org/tag/yardsticks-series/
- Using Rewards and Punishments: This website offers advice on best practices related to disciplining children from child specialists and therapists: http://www.therapistaid.com/therapy-guide/parenting-rewards-punishments
- Dealing With Defiance in Children - Why do children defy and how parents can best respond: https://www.responsiveclassroom.org/responding-defiance-moment/
Internet and Social Media Safety Links:
As the popularity and prevalence of technology rises, so does our need to closely supervise children’s usage. While it can be a powerful tool, the internet can also pose many dangers. At school, we continuously reinforce the importance of not sharing personal information, only navigating adult approved websites, and thinking before sending a message. Taking time to connect with family and friends “unplugged” is also essential in their development. Below are websites that may be useful in supporting these conversations with your children at home. We appreciate your support in keeping children safe online.