Classroom learning begins here
As of 2014, Cheshire Public Schools offers Full Day Kindergarten.
Age eligible children must
turn 5 years old on or before January 1st of their kindergarten year.
- The kindergarten team is dedicated to the development of the whole child in a secure and nurturing environment; one that promotes independence, curiosity, a love of learning and the joy of discovery.
- Students will engage in a variety of rich and rigorous experiences which will promote deeper thinking, and real world application; and provide opportunities for reflection.
- We believe that all children have unique strengths and challenges. Therefore, intentional teaching must be based on data collected through observation and assessment in all the developmental domains.
- There will be a balance of teacher directed and child initiated learing opportunities including purposeful play, language and literacy development through social experiences and exploration.
- A strong classroom community will be built through collaboration and active participation of parents, students and the school community.
The kindergarten curriculum is the foundation of the Cheshire Public Schools K-12 curriculum. This includes literacy development, mathematics, science, social studies, health, and computer technology. Your child will receive instruction from specialists in art, music, physical education, and library. Important learning tools include puzzles, building blocks, manipulatives, creative art materials, music and movement.
Parent conferences are held twice yearly and progress reports are sent home in January and June.